This recipe for Date Pecan Chicken Salad is an ANY time favorite in our house! If you’re wondering how to make your own date mayo you can find the recipe here and I promise you’ll absolutely LOVE it!!!
I basically find any excuse to make this because it is SO good and comes together in just minutes, no kidding, just minutes. The combination of sweet, savory, and crunchy gets me every time! Just thinking about it makes me want to go get some out of the fridge right now.
I tend to find myself whipping up a batch of this chicken salad whenever we have visitors or when we have to bring a dish to share at a party or celebration of any kind (this could be a great addition for your the holiday’s coming up) – it’s always a winner and guarantees there’s something my family can eat and enjoy no matter where we are!
I recommend serving this Date Pecan Chicken Salad Recipe on top of fresh greens with some fresh pecans sprinkled on top. Enjoy!Print
- 4 1/2 cups shredded, diced chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup halved red grapes
- 1 ¼– 1 ¾ cups date mayonnaise (or just regular mayo with honey to taste for a Paleo option!)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Mix the salt and pepper with the date mayonnaise.
- Add chicken to mayonnaise.
- Chop up the red onion, celery, pecans, and grapes. These can be cut as small or big as you prefer, then add them to the chicken and mayonnaise mixture.
- Mix until combined. Store in the refrigerator, serve chilled.