Homemade, Whole30 Date Mayo is an absolute GAME CHANGER! The first time I posted to the @Whole30Recipes Instagram page, this was one of the recipes I posted. People went nutso over this recipe, and have been making it like crazy ever since! Especially growing up in the South, we make all sorts of slaws all. the. time. Which is why you can find this Whole30 Date Mayo in so many of my recipes!!
- Chicken Salad Recipe to make it Whole30 Approved
- Sweet and Spicy Jalapeño Coleslaw
- Pear and Walnut Slaw
- Kale + Broccoli Salad
- It’s even delicious in this Brussels Sprouts Slaw!
When I first started following the Whole30 lifestyle, I was really intimidated by making my own mayo. I primarily relied on Primal Kitchens Mayo. It is SO delicious, but since I usually find a way to make just about everything in our house, I wanted to make my own mayo!
There are definitely some challenges! The first few times I tried, the mayo didn’t turn out. But once I finally took the leap and made my own, homemade mayo, I never looked back! I love knowing exactly what’s in my food, using quality ingredients, and customizing the recipe to be used in almost every recipe.
This sweet date mayo is so yummy when you want a little bit of a sweeter taste, but you’re doing a Whole30! Enjoy!Print
Date Mayo (Paleo + Whole30!)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or any type of vinegar you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 3/4 cup olive oil (NOT extra virgin- regular or light)
- 3/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- Place egg yolks in food processor.
- Add vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and mustard and mix briefly until combined.
- With the food processor on, add regular olive oil and avocado oil in a slow and steady stream and mix until it emulsifies and is the consistency of mayonnaise.
- Add dates but keep them somewhat chunky so the mayo doesn’t lose its emulsification.
I always thought eating raw eggs wasn’t healthy ???