⅓ C + 2 T ghee (I love @fourthandheart)
1 onion, chopped
3 carrots, cut in 1/4 in circles
3 celery nibs, chopped into small pieces
5 lb russet potatoes (roughly 8 potatoes)
6 T cassava flour (I love @ottos_cassava_flour)
3 C chicken bone broth (I prefer @barebonesbroth)
1/2 C + 2 T full fat coconut milk
2 T coarse kosher salt
1/2 t thyme dried
1/2 t parsley, dried
2 lb chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 in cubes
1 14 oz can green beans
For the Mashed Potato topping:
- Boil water in a large pot and cook the other 6 potatoes until fork tender, about 45 min. For faster cooking time, cut potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
- Add cooked potatoes plus 2 T ghee, 2 T coconut milk, and 1 t kosher salt to a mixer and mix until smooth. Set aside
- Chop 2 of your potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Set aside.
- Add ghee to a soup pot on medium high. Add onion, carrots, celery, and the potatoes you set aside, and cook for 10 min, or until carrots and potatoes begin to get tender.
- Add cassava flour and mix well until the veggies are coated.
- Add chicken bone broth, ½ C coconut milk, salt, thyme, and parsley. Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken, stir, reduce heat to medium and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add green beans and stir. Add this mixture to a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish. Top with the mashed potato topping, adding in small sections to ensure full coverage, and use a spatula to smooth out the top.
- Turn the oven on low broil. Put in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the top is browned and crispy. Take out of the oven and allow it to cool. Enjoy!