Let’s all savor the last few days of Summer with this Rhubarb Strawberry Crisp recipe! Have you ever had rhubarb? If you can get your hands on it fresh, you have to make this recipe!
Growing up, we had “crisps” all the time in the summer. We had berry crisps and apple crisps. They’re so easy to make no matter what fruit you have extra of.
What is rhubarb?
Even though you often find rhubarb in sweet treats, rhubarb is actually a vegetable. When eaten raw, rhubarb has the consistency of celery (although they aren’t in the same family) and have a flavor similar to sour strawberries.
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp Recipe
This Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp Recipe is outstandingly delicious. Be sure to use gluten free rolled oats to ensure it is fully gluten free. While we recommend butter or ghee for the delicious buttery flavor, if you need to make it completely dairy free, coconut oil works as a good substitute.
Looking for more baking recipes? Click here!Print
Rhubarb Strawberry Crisp (Gluten Free & Dairy Free)
- 3 c fresh rhubarb, sliced
- 3 c fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/4 c honey
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 T arrowroot
- 1 1/4 c gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 c cassava flour
- 1/4 c coconut sugar
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 c unsalted butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Toss rhubarb, strawberries, honey, lemon juice and arrowroot in a bowl to combine.
- Pour fruit mixture into an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, add rolled oats, cassava flour, coconut sugar, and salt and toss to combine. Add the ghee and blend together until small clumps begin to form.
- Sprinkle the oat topping evenly over the fruit.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the crisp is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling underneath.