You are absolutely going to love this grain free, gluten-free, and dairy-free Paleo sour cream coffee cake recipe!
This recipe is sponsored by Danone North America’s So Delicious® brand, but all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for allowing me to work with companies I believe in in order to continue bringing you free content!
There are certain things that are pretty hard to make both Paleo and delicious. I find that baked goods that are truly cakey are the hardest. I made this Paleo sour cream coffee cake recipe while we had a friend in town who has celiac disease. I knew that when she couldn’t stop eating it, this recipe was a winner!
A traditional sour cream cake calls for white flour, white sugar, plus sour cream and butter. In my recipe, the mixture of cassava, almond, and coconut flowers is what gives it its cakey texture.
You will probably be surprised to find out what we used as “sour cream” in this recipe! It is SO Delicious’s Dairy Free Vanilla Yogurt alternative. This yogurt alternative is so good on its own, I knew it would be perfect for this recipe!
Now is the perfect time to try this recipe, because you can get buy one get one free coupons for this SO Delicious yogurt alternative in the Sprouts app!
I love making recipes without refined sugar, and this recipe only calls for coconut sugar! It truly tastes like a traditional coffee cake!
This recipe is perfect for a delicious, lazy weekend brunch, a dessert, or even a shower that you’re hosting! No one will even know it’s Paleo.
Looking for more baking recipes? Check them all out here!Print
12 T salted butter at room temperature (1 ½ sticks)
1 1/2 c coconut sugar
3 eggs at room temperature
1 1/2 t vanilla extract
1 T lemon juice
1 1/4 c SO Delicious Coconutmilk Yogurt Alternative
1 c cassava flour
1 c almond flour
1/2 c coconut flour
3/4 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1/4 c coconut sugar
1/4 c cassava flour
1/4 c almond flour
1/2 t vanilla
1 T cinnamon
1/4 t salt
3 T salted butter butter
3/4 c sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 250.
- Beat together the butter and coconut sugar until it is light and fluffy, about 3 min.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix until just combined.
- Add in vanilla, lemon juice, and SO Delicious Coconutmilk Yogurt Alternative.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cassava, almond, and coconut flours, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add this dry mixture into the wet mixture until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, make the streusel! Combine all ingredients until it is crumbly.
- Pour half of the batter into a 9 x 9 in pan (or 9 in round pan). Sprinkle half of the streusel mixture on top, then pour the other half of the batter on top and spread so the streusel is totally covered in batter. Top with the remaining streusel.
- Bake for 45 min, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool a bit before cutting and serving.
Want to save this Paleo sour cream coffee cake recipe for later? Pin it here!