This Whole30 + Paleo Chicken Marbella Recipe is truly one of my all time favorite recipes. The sweet and savory notes together is SO delicious. I made this last night, and it took me FIVE minutes to put the ingredients together! It’s a lifesaver.
It’s actually a recipe adapted from one my Mom used to make us! This recipe originated in the pages of “The Silver Palate Cookbook” by Sheila Lukins and Julee Rosso. It was published in time for Mother’s Day 1982. Their cookbook brought us delicious French recipes that are just delightful! You’ll find my Paleo and Whole30 Approved version of Chicken Marbella below.
I know it’s a ton ingredients that feel like they would be SO weird together, but I promise they’re amazing!! Try it for yourself and you’ll see 🙂Print
- • 4 chicken breasts (about 5 lbs of chicken)
- • 1/2 cup olive oil
- • 1 cup dates
- • 1 head of garlic, whole cloves
- • 1 cup pitted prunes
- • 1/4 cup dried oregano
- • 1/2 cup pitted Spanish green olives w ¼ c juice
- • 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- • coarse salt & pepper to taste
- • 1/2 cup capers with bit of juice
- • 6 bay leaves
- • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- • 1/4 cup white wine vinegar (yes, it’s approved!)
- • 1/2 cup red wine vinegar (yes, it’s approved!)
- • cauliflower rice
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except the red and white wine vinegar. Cover & allow to marinate, refrigerated, overnight. [You’re welcome to skip this step if you’re in a hurry, but the chicken won’t be as flavorful!]
- Preheat oven to 350. Put the chicken in a single layer in a large baking pan and spoon marinade over it evenly. Pour both red and white vinegars on top.
- Bake 50 min. to 1 hr, basting frequently with pan juices. It is done when the chicken juices run clear yellow, not pink.
- With slotted spoon, transfer chicken, prunes, olives, & capers to a serving platter. Pass remaining pan juices in sauceboat. You can serve the sauce as is or reduce on the stove for a thicker variety.
- Serve over cauliflower rice.
Can easily be made in an InstantPot– just throw all ingredients in and click the Poultry setting (or 20 min on high).