Too busy to listen to what your body is telling you? Many times, we can get so caught up in the hustle of life that we can get so disconnected from our emotions. And when we fail to connect with our feelings, our bodies could manifest those in the form of physical pain or illness.
In this episode, we dive deep into the mind-body connection as Mary Hyatt, trained love-centered mindset coach, Kundalini yoga instructor, and meditation and breathwork instructor talks about how we can all learn to embody our bodies, work through our emotions, and heal from trauma.
Mary is also a Level II Reiki practitioner, a conversational hypnotherapist, a top leader with doTERRA essential oils, and a board-certified holistic health practitioner of Mind Body Spirit Release.
Over 10 years ago, Mary was suffering from endometriosis. She was in constant pain that she was ready to check out of life until she discovered how her physical pain was only a symptom of what was really going on in her inner world. Her journey of self-discovery and healing ultimately led her to her career.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Making peace with your body and making it your ally
- Trusting your body to heal itself
- How to listen to the messages of your body
- Understanding the internal felt sense
- The benefits of body awareness
- The connection between trauma and illness
- Talking about your feelings vs. feeling your feelings
- Understanding what your emotions need
- How we can deal with the emotions of our children
- The analogy of putting our emotions on ice
- The shaking practice to regulate the nervous system
- Practices to feel your emotions
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to our podcast? We’d love for you to subscribe if you haven’t yet.
We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
Emily Francis – The Body Heals Itself (affiliate)
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Emerald City Productions. They helped me grow and produce the podcast you are listening to right now. Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com.
Be sure to mention Caroline Fausel when setting up your initial consultation with Emerald City and they’ll give you a free website branding audit as part of your set-up.