Today we’re talking about a very important topic: choosing self-love! We all have insecurities and there are always going to be people who may say things about us behind our back. Especially when you’re a person with a disability, life just doesn’t come easy. But if you’re able to choose self-love at every point of your journey, no amount of chaos in the outer world is going to affect your inner world.
In this episode, we have Hannah Setzer of Feeding Tube Fitness in Virginia. Born with a rare medical condition called Cystic Hygroma, Hannah had to go through surgery all the time. But that didn’t stop her from living her life and pursuing her dreams and passions from running marathons to Crossfit and writing a book. A perfect example is that if you choose self-love, happiness, confidence, and your autonomy to make choices naturally follow.
Get Hannah’s Book!
Get Hannah’s Book: “I’ll pray for you, and other outrageous things said to disabled people” here! (affiliate)
In this episode, you will hear:
- Growing up with Cystic Hygroma and embracing her disability
- Trusting that everyone is their own expert
- Giving people the autonomy to make choices for themselves
- How she got into running marathons and CrossFit
- Finding the kind of movement you love and enjoy
- Hannah’s advocacy efforts in Virginia
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to our podcast? We’d love for you to subscribe if you haven’t yet.
We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- Hannah’s Book: “I’ll pray for you, and other outrageous things said to disabled people”: https://amzn.to/3TkDVwm (affiliate)https://www.instagram.com/feedingtube.fitness/
Similar Podcast Episodes:
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Emerald City Productions. They helped me grow and produce the podcast you are listening to right now. Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com Let them know I sent you.