Stress is an inevitable part of our lives, but did you know it can have a significant impact on our overall health and well-being? Today, we’re taking a deep dive into the world of stress and how it affects our bodies. From understanding the World Health Organization’s definition of stress to the startling fact that over one in five adults in the US suffer from a mental illness, we’ll uncover the truth about this often-overlooked aspect of our lives.
Join us as we explore the intriguing science behind the ‘fight or flight’ response and how our bodies have evolved to handle stress—even when there’s no real threat. We’ll also share some simple yet effective strategies to help manage and reduce the effects of stress, such as breathing exercises, prayer, gratitude, meditation, and EFT tapping. Discover how engaging in hobbies, going for a walk, or just enjoying some silence and solitude can do wonders for your mental health. Don’t miss this important discussion on understanding and managing stress for a happier, healthier life.
Listen to the show, Symptoms of Stress, Mindset Around Stress, and Stress Management Tips:
In this episode, you will hear:
- Understanding stress and homeostasis
- Understanding fight or flight
- The harmful effects of stress
- How managing stress can help reduce its effects
- Tools for managing stress
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to our podcast? We’d love for you to subscribe if you haven’t yet.
We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- NED CBD Code OLIVEYOUWHOLE saves 15%: oliveyouwhole.com/ned
- Higher Dose Infrared Sauna: https://www.oliveyouwhole.com/higherdose
- Headspace app: https://www.headspace.com/
- MK Supplements Beef Liver: https://www.oliveyouwhole.com/beef-liver
- Bioptimizers Magnesium: https://www.oliveyouwhole.com/bioptimizers
Similar Podcast Episodes:
- 025: Learning to Listen to, Trust, and Love Your Body with Mary Hyatt
- 047: The Benefits of Gratitude and Developing a Gratitude Practice
- 048: Using Medicinal Mushrooms for Mental Illness Breakthrough with Katie Levitre of The Imperfectionist Mom
- 052: Intention Setting Meditation for the New Year
- 058: Full Spectrum Hemp Oil Benefits, Uses, and Sourcing with Ret Taylor of NED
- 061 Magnesium Benefits and Supplements with Wade Lightheart of Bioptimizers
- 068: Cure Postnatal Depletion to Regain Energy Postpartum with Steph Greunke RD
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Emerald City Productions. They helped me grow and produce the podcast you are listening to right now. Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com Let them know I sent you.