Today is one of those days that I never in my wildest dreams expected to happen. My recipe, Grilled Peaches with a Balsamic Reduction, is featured on the Style Me Pretty Living Blog!!! It was such a joy to work with Lauren Carnes Photography on this project!
As I’ve mentioned before, before starting our June Whole30, we were vegetarians (nearly vegans) for almost 5 years… So our families both had a hard time thinking of things to cook for us! Now completely flop the table, and we’ve got a whole ‘nother dietary lifestyle change and list of restrictions. When we were in town for Chaz’s birthday in June, during said Whole30, his family popped some peaches on the grill for us while they enjoyed Nana’s Peach Turnovers. Sure, the grilled peaches weren’t peach turnovers by any stretch of the imagination, but I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious they were!!
So when I came home I did some finagling to jazz them up a bit! The sweet but still a little bitter balsamic reduction is the perfect complement to the tangy, warm peach! And the basil does just the trick to give it a little different flavor.
So head on over to Style Me Pretty Living to enjoy the post!Print
- 6 large peaches
- 3/4 c balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil (for grill)
- Fresh basil (optional)
- Wash peaches and cut in half along the natural groove of the peach. Twist both sides to evenly remove one side. Remove the pit.
- Fire up the grill and get the grates nice and hot. Rub a small amount of olive oil on the grates to prevent sticking.
- Place peaches on grill, open side down, for 15-20 minutes.
- While the peaches are grilling, bring balsamic vinegar to a low boil on medium high heat. Then bring to a simmer for 20 minutes, or until it reaches the consistency you desire.
- Remove peaches from grill. Swirl the balsamic reduction on top and add fresh basil to taste. Enjoy!
This recipe is Whole30, Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Vegan friendly!
What’s your favorite way to prepare peaches? Share below!