There’s data suggesting that although 97% of women are taking a prenatal during pregnancy, 95% of them are nutrient-deficient. Food alone doesn’t provide us with all of our nutritional needs anymore. How do we then bridge this gap to ensure that mamas are getting the nutrients they need at such a crucial stage in their lives as well as their babies?
In today’s episode, we’re joined by Ryan Woodbury, to talk about how to choose the optimal prenatal vitamins. Ryan is the co-founder of Needed, a science-backed, practitioner-supported, and mama-centric family nutrition brand. They’re passionate about optimizing perinatal health and ultimately family health in order to support and help mamas thrive.
Want to try out Needed Supplements? Use the Needed Discount Code below!
Get your Needed supplements here. #affiliate Use the Needed discount code: OLIVEYOUWHOLE to save 20% (this even works on the first three months of their one month subscription option!).
In this episode, you will hear:
- Examples of nutrient deficiencies in pregnancy
- The connection between the mom’s gut and the baby’s gut
- Nutritional gaps in prenatal vitamins
- Focusing on optimizing the wellness of the baby vs. avoiding illnesses
- Why methylated forms of folate are important
- What to look for in a prenatal supplement
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to our podcast? We’d love for you to subscribe if you haven’t yet.
We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- Get your Needed supplements here. #affiliate Use the Needed discount code: OLIVEYOUWHOLE to save 20% (this even works on the first three months of their one month subscription option!).
Similar Podcast Episodes:
- 003: How to Heal your Gut Naturally with Alison Marras
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Emerald City Productions. They helped me grow and produce the podcast you are listening to right now. Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com Let them know I sent you.