Can minimalism be a radical act of self-definition, freeing us from the shackles of consumerism? That’s what we’re exploring in today’s episode. Join me as I share my personal journey from a life cluttered with possessions to a purposefully minimalist lifestyle. I’m laying bare my pre-college life, dominated by consumerism, and my awakening to a simpler, more intentional existence. Hear about Chaz’s natural inclination towards minimalism, born out of financial practicality, and how it reshaped our family’s ethos.
Brace yourself for a deep dive into the concept of ‘sacred simplicity’ and the spiritual backbone of leading a simpler life. We’re exploring, through the teachings of Jesus, how money and possessions often take up space that should belong to more profound experiences. We’re discussing how deciding to own less can be a strong stance of self-definition, and how our family has embraced this perspective aligning our choices with our values.
Listen to the show, Sacred Simplicity and Minimalism with a Family:
In this episode, you will hear:
- Exploring minimalism and fighting consumerism
- Practicing sacred simplicity
- Values purging, organizing, and alignment
- Sacred simplicity and minimalism with kids
Follow and Review
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
Similar Podcast Episodes:
- 002: 12 Books that Changed My Life: How I Became an Intentionalist
- 011: Movement and #MindRight with Todd McCullough
- 015: Home Organization Ideas by Enneagram Type with Laurie Palau of Simply B Organized
- 021: Maximize Your Grocery Budget with The Cheapest Healthy Foods
- 022: Personal Style and Creating a Minimalist Capsule Wardrobe with Alison Lumbatis of Outfit Formulas
- 024: Marriage Advice on our Ten-Year Anniversary with Chaz Fausel
- 028: Homesteading and Homeschooling with Emilie Toups of Toups and Co Organics
- 031: Sustainable Living and How to Use Less Plastic with Morgan Cook of Mostly Eco Morgan
- 037: Sustainable Fashion and Social Responsibility with Marisa Pardo and Barrett Ward of ABLE
- 047: The Benefits of Gratitude and Developing a Gratitude Practice
- 071: Simplifying Well-Balanced Living without Sacrifice with Cassidy Ceresa of Cassidy Eats
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Emerald City Productions. They helped me grow and produce the podcast you are listening to right now. Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com Let them know I sent you.