Ever wonder how the wounds of your ancestors can shape your life? Therapy titan and founder of Head Heart Therapy Incorporated, Sarah Buino, joins me to unravel the mystery of generational trauma. We explore the notion that trauma isn’t something that merely happens to you; it’s an internal upheaval that can echo through generations. Sarah’s insights illuminate a path to understanding how our individual histories collide with our ancestral past, creating a unique puzzle of pain and resilience.
Navigating the path of healing trauma is far from straightforward. Sarah stresses the importance of building a deep, trusting relationship with your body. This process, though essential, isn’t always easy – it requires a willingness to embrace the uncomfortable truth. Tune in as we tackle the challenge of making space for our full range of emotions, breaking free from the handcuffs of survival strategies, and integrating these feelings back into our lives.
Sarah also lends her expertise to the pivotal role of therapy in healing generational trauma. Choosing a suitable therapist can be daunting, but Sarah’s advice will guide you through this critical task. We also examine the often overlooked necessity for therapists themselves to confront their own trauma to better aid their clients on their healing journey. Through Sarah’s unique lens, we redefine what a successful life looks like, underscoring the irreplaceable value of relationships. Tune in for a meaningful conversation, loaded with strategies for healing trauma and leading a fulfilling life.
Listen to the show, Breaking the Cycle of Generational Trauma:
In this episode, you will hear:
- Healing generational trauma
- Understanding and exploring generational trauma
- Exploring trauma healing and self-discovery
- Trauma, attachment, and healing emotions
- Therapy’s importance in healing trauma
Follow and Review
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
- Conversations with a Wounded Healer Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/conversations-with-a-wounded-healer/id1356225272
- “It Didn’t Start with You” Book: https://amzn.to/3PJOQQ9 (affiliate)
- Glennon Doyle “We Can Do Hard Things” podcast episodes about the enneagram: Part 1: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/we-can-do-hard-things-with-glennon-doyle/id1564530722?i=1000620849494
- Part 2: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/we-can-do-hard-things-with-glennon-doyle/id1564530722?i=1000620977755
Similar Podcast Episodes:
- 085: Reiki and Christianity | Reiki Healing with Reiki Master Rebecca Petrick of Happy Place Healing
- 084: Reclaim your Power with Lauren Krasnodembski of Mind Muscle Motivator
- 079: How to Replace Lies with the Truth and Youth Mental Health with Children’s Book Author Jenna Winship
- 078: Symptoms of Stress, Mindset Around Stress, and Stress Management Tips
- 071: Simplifying Well-Balanced Living without Sacrifice with Cassidy Ceresa of Cassidy Eats
- 064: Choosing Self-Love with Hannah Setzer of Feeding Tube Fitness
- 052: Intention Setting Meditation for the New Year
- 050: An Alternative Medicine Approach with Functional Medicine Doctor Soyona Rafatjah, MD of PrimeHealth Denver
- 025: Learning to Listen to, Trust, and Love Your Body with Mary Hyatt
- 011: Movement and #MindRight with Todd McCullough
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Emerald City Productions. They helped me grow and produce the podcast you are listening to right now. Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com Let them know I sent you.